Tax Season News You Can Use
Tax News Briefs

Tax Season News You Can Use

Schedules K-2 and K-3 The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has posted changes to the 2021 partnership instructions for Schedules K-2 and K-3 (Form 1065) on its website, TheTaxBook

Feature Article

Reconstructing Vehicle Mileage Logs

Reconstructing Vehicle Mileage LOGS By Bill Nemeth, EA Most examinations of personal tax returns involving Schedule C self-employment request information on car and truck expenses. IRS recommends contemporaneous mileage logs per IRC §1.274-5T(c)(1), but does not require them. The code makes the point that the records should be created in “close” proximity to the time of the activity. Adequat... Bill Nemeth, EA, NTPI